Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What should I do if I change my computer password or the server password?
A: Typically you will not need to change the password for the DoubleBackup scheduling service; however, if your backups include network shares, you need to update the password for your DoubleBackup service.
- Open the Windows Services Control Panel by typing, "Services," in the lower right search box by the Windows Start button.
- Scroll down and right-click on DoubleBackup.
- Choose Properties and click the Logon tab.
- Check the username. Is it the user whose password changed? If so, enter the new password twice.
Also change the password for the Scheduled Task named: "Backup-FileList"
- Open the Windows Task Scheduler by typing, "Task Scheduler," in the lower right search box by the Windows Start button.
- Right-click on Backup-FileList.
- Click Properties.
- Click OK.
- In the pop-up window, enter the new password and press OK.
Q: How do I restore a file from my backup?
A: Open DoubleBackup on the computer, click the Restore tab, select the folder(s) or file(s) you want to restore, choose a destination location, and click Restore Data. Detailed instructions are included in the user guides on our Help page.